Date & Time
07 May 2020
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm
New weekly Zoom meetings
Due to Covid-19 Lockdown, our monthly Dementia Carer Network meetings have moved to online and weekly on Zoom. They take place every Thursday from 1400 – 1440 BST.
Informative, fun and sociable, we welcome new members. Join us for a chance to connect to others in a similar position. Share your issues, struggles and tips.
Because the meetings are not taking place in a physical space, all you need to attend is the ability to download and use Zoom.
Who is it for?
If you know of someone struggling right now who might benefit from support, please pass on our details. They might be a dementia carer/lonely/isolated/struggling or just wanting to understand dementia better and reduce their own risk of dementia.
To register your interest in joining our meeting, please contact us to provide us with your details. We will then email you meeting invitations, containing the ID and password. Attendees for each meeting go first to a waiting room, from where they are admitted to the meeting at 1400. Emails are blind copied so others do not see your email. We do not provide Zoom, or anyone else, with your personal information.
What you need to do:
- Download the Zoom app. These links may help you:
- Prepare a drink and some cake (optional)
- Anytime from 1350 onwards open the Zoom app and press ‘join’- you will go into the waiting room.
- You will have been sent an email with the relevant ID/Password to connect to the meeting.
- If there are any problems with the ID/code, a new meeting will be started and you will be emailed with the new link – so keep an eye on your emails if you don’t connect straight away. If you have problems connecting, message us by email
- At 1400 the host will admit you to the meeting.
- Turn on your video to see everyone and be seen by everyone. Gallery view – a tab at the top of your screen, allows you to see everyone split up on your screen.
We look forward to hearing from you.