Date & Time
27 April 2023
2:00 am - 3:30 am
Ditchburn Room, Newton’s Place, 43 Wolborough Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 1JQ
We meet on the last Thursday of the month in the Ditchburn Room at Newton’s Place, Newton Abbot. This is the Town Museum.
This is a free session for anyone who feels impacted by a person’s dementia, whether it is now or in the past.
It is a safe, supportive place to express your feelings and worries, find useful tips and share your experiences with others who you can relate to. We always start with tea/coffee and home made cakes. We cover a different topic each month, so if you have something you want to know more about, please let us know.
- The person does not have to have their dementia diagnosed.
- The person does not have to live with you – they could be in a care home, in hospital, or living independently anywhere at all.
- The person could be related to you or just a friend or neighbour.
- You may still be impacted by a person’s dementia event though they have passed away.
- Anyone is welcome to attend if they can make the time and place of the meeting. If you live too far away, we do run online meetings which might suit you. Please contact us for information.
- We support unpaid dementia carers who feel in any way impacted by a person’s dementia, This is regardless of your employment status or connection to the person.
- If you know of somebody who is struggling and might benefit from attending, please pass on this information to them.
Please Contact Us to register. It is useful to have a short chat before you attend your first session.