About our Founder, Mary Sherwood
Mary loves being part of a big family and her family is a very important part of her life. Being a sister, wife, mother and grandmother gives her great pleasure and she feels lucky to also have a large extended family.
A positive person who is fundamentally practical, energetic, proactive and creative, she adapts very quickly to change and enjoys a challenge. Self-motivated, resourceful and tenacious, she finds helping others very rewarding.
Mary’s hobbies include learning the cello; baking; cake decorating; making soft furnishings; walking, gardening and DIY. Mary is energised by trying out new things.
- School for Social Entrepreneurs Fellow Oct 17
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training Feb/Mar 2017
- Nov 2016 Business Information Point training School for Social Entrepreneurs programme Oct 16-17
- Understanding the Health and Social Care Environment Level 3 July 2015. For my intervention I encouraged other organisations and businesses to become dementia carer friendly workplaces.
- Principles of Dementia Care Level 2 July 2014
- Dementia Friends Champion April 2014