4 Dementia Carers is a not-for-profit business, created to promote workplace support for working dementia carers. Based in Devon, it was founded by Mary Sherwood following her successful Dementia Carer Friendly pilot initiative at the Met Office headquarters in Exeter 2014-2016.
The organisation has expanding influence across the UK with public and private sector business and decision makers at all levels.
If you would like to book a speaker at your event, or would like to take advantage of professional expertise to tailor the model for your organisation, please get in touch.
- Represented on the European Connected Health Alliance‘s Mental Health and Wellbeing Working Group.
- Speaker to Heathrow construction companies – Ferrovial Agroman, Mace, Balfour Beatty October 17 as part of their Mental Health and Wellbeing week.
- School for Social Entrepreneurs Fellow
- British Library workshops
- Community Dementia Carer Network group
- Teignbridge District Council committed to become a Dementia Carer Friendly Workplace. Dementia Friends sessions arranged through Alzheimer’s Society and 4DementiaCarers engaged to run a monthly Dementia Carer Network group. TDC will become an exemplar for other organisations.
- London Meeting at Alzheimer’s Society HQ to discuss collaborating on employer guidance re dementia carers.
- Presented to Anglican Churches event in Exeter – recognising that clergy are likely to be caring for relatives with dementia too.
- Presented two workshops at TUC UnionLearn Conference, London.
- Presented at four regional Information and Networking events, organised on behalf of Devon County Council. Amazing energy and enthusiasm from all.
- Mentored Stephens Scown, a Devon and Cornwall law firm, to tailor the Met Office model for their organisation. This coincided with their rise from 39th to 12th in the Times top 100 medium sized companies to work for.
- Association of Project Management (APM) ‘Mike Nichols Award for Inspiration’ finalist with the Dementia Carer Friendly Met Office project. An inspirational project which helps a community.
- Delivered Birds of a Feather round table event at APM Group (APMG) Showcase in London.
- On the Steering Group for the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance, as Dementia Carer Workplace lead.